What's new in 2.2 and 2.3
ArcGIS for Windows Phone version 2.3 was released in January 2012. It is a minor release that improves the GPS accuracy. The
following enhancements were included in the 2.2 release in December 2011:
- From version 2.2 forward, Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) is required. Devices without the Mango upgrade will find v2.1 of the app in the Windows Phone Store and won't have access to newer versions.
- Use Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) enhancements—this includes performance enhancements and the new application lifecycle.
- Save maps to the home screen—See Pin a map to the start screen.
- Support KML and WMS layers—Maps containing KML and WMS layers now display those layers when the map is opened.
- Show charts in pop-ups—Maps containing charts in their pop-ups now display the charts when the pop-up is viewed.
- Support viewing additional attachment types—If a feature has attached PDF, ZIP, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files, you can now view the attachment in the app.
- Definition expression honored from maps—If a map contains a definition expression, it is now honored in the app.