Esri's Business Locations data is extracted from a comprehensive list of businesses licensed from Infogroup. The business list contains data for more than 13 million U.S. businesses including name and location, franchise code, industrial classification code, number of employees, and sales.
Esri's Business Summary data summarizes the comprehensive list of businesses from Infogroup for select NAICS and SIC summary categories by geography and includes total number of businesses, total sales, and total number of employees for a trade area.
The Business Locations database classifies businesses by the following:
- Location SIC and NAICS industry classifications
- Annual sales
- And more
The Business Summary database gives you statistics for the following:
- Total sales
- Total number of employees
- Number of businesses by industry
Business Locations and Business Summary Data
You can use Business Locations and Business Summary data to do the following:
- Reveal opportunities by industry type, location, business size, sales volume, and employee statistics.
- Identify daytime and evening hiring opportunities by industry classification.
- Define the best types of merchandise to stock by retail industry sectors.
- Research the competitive impact on business opportunities.
- Locations: January 2017
- Summary: January 2017
U.S. Business Locations is a point-level data set.
- Locations—Quarterly updates available
Esri uses the following methodology for business data: