ArcGIS Online allows your organization to use the ArcGIS platform to provide the public with open access to your authoritative data. Once you've enabled Open Data capabilities, configure a site with your own look and feel and specify Open Data groups to share your authoritative data through the site. The general public uses your Open Data site to interact with data through charts, tables, and maps to help them learn about your community. They can discover, explore, download, and comment on the data. Enabling Open Data is a privilege reserved for the administrator role.
Open Data is a capability of ArcGIS Online. Once enabled, management of Open Data occurs in ArcGIS Hub. See the ArcGIS Hub help for more information on how to manage your Open Data capabilities—including options to manage sites—create Open Data groups, assign members to Open Data groups, and view your existing sites, groups, and content.
To enable Open Data capabilities, follow the steps below.
- Verify that you are signed in as an administrator of your organization.
- Browse to Organization and click Edit Settings > Open Data.
- Click Open Data on the left side of the page.
- Click Enable Open Data. Your organization can now create Open Data sites.
- To disable Open Data capabilities, click Disable Open Data.